Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Very Good Sign (Grandson)


This was a fun page to do, in part because I was working toward the goal of submitting it for three different challenges!

I also enjoyed the memories of our trip through western Switzerland, including a stop at the train station at Grandson.

The challenges are:

1.  Challenge 2 (Stitching) by ClassyGirl at http://classygirlmusings.blogspot.com/2012/09/anything-goes-with-challenge-2.html.  I used stitching to attach the punched gold star to the fabric at the lower left of the photo (where it is hiding a spot in the concrete).  I also used stitching (two x's) to sew down the fabric on a slant at the upper left of the layout.  I would have used more stitching but I couldn't see well enough to get the needle threaded on my little craft sewing machine--one sad result of getting older.

2.  Creative Scrappers Sketch #225 at http://www.creativescrappers.blogspot.com/2012/09/sketch-225.html.  I love the sketches on this website!  I followed the sketch fairly closely in the middle part of the layout, but felt I needed to add a little more decoration, and used the ticket at the lower left to cover a mark on the background paper.  I entered this in a second reveal post for this sketch because Les Papiers de Pandore was also sponsoring the sketch.

3.  Scraptastic Club Color Inspiration at http://www.scraptasticclub.com/blogs/scraptastic-club-blog/6566157-2nd-september-challenge.  I usually design my color scheme around the colors in the photo, but this photo had rather bland colors.  The station is light yellow, and there is red on Colin's jacket and several shades of blue in the photo, so I thought this color scheme would work well.  The twist was to use a punch to create an embellishment.  I punched a star out of glossy paper that I had inked with gold alcohol ink, and I punched a circle out of cardstock that was the lighter blue color in the color challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment